Errors, causes and troubleshooting:
1. Insufficient boiling out.
Completely clean all wax residue from the plaster model
2. Contaminated insulation.
Ensure that the expiration date has not yet occurred. Store away from light, always use fresh liquid in a separate small bowl, use a clean brush, and dispose of excess insulation. Protect the insulation from contamination (residual plaster, brush with metal ferrule).
3. (Plaster/wax) insulating material contains alcohol. Insulating material contains oil.
Do not use insulation that contains oil or alcohol.
4. Plaster/wax insulation is insufficiently dry.
The insulation on the plaster model may no longer be moist. Each insulation layer must be well-dried. Avoid puddle formation.
5. Use of inappropriate plaster type 1 or type 2, or of blue plaster.
Use Type 3 Octa Dur yellow.
6. The impression is contaminated.
The impression must be carefully cleaned to remove blood, saliva and disinfectant, etc. Rinse with clear water.
7. Boiling out units - different wax solvents.
Clean the device daily, adhere to the dosage in the manufacturer's instructions. Preferably do not use wax solvent.
8. Boiling out units - wax extraction time is too long.
Only heat the flask for about 5 minutes and remove the wax while it is still pliable, clean the plaster surfaces with plenty of clear, boiling water.
9. Plaster too cold when insulation is applied.
Extend the drying time for insulation on cold plaster.
10. Polymerisation temperature is too low.
Use the polymerisation temperatures and times prescribed in the current instructions for use.
11. Failure to observe soaking times
Use the dwelling and polymerisation times prescribed in the current instructions for use.