Individual chosen for this position will work within our manufacturing facility. This position is responsible to manufacturer, assemble, inspect and package product into specified containers along with the labeling and attaching appropriate paperwork, ensuring all QS procedures, and company policies and procedures are followed. Also, responsible to meet departmental productivity rates, inventory accuracy, housekeeping expectations, and safety goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of appropriate paperwork and utilize software for entry and retrieval of operational data.
- Manage VK area to meet or surpass department key performance indicators that apply to their position.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, will be prompt and efficient on the job, and maintain a positive work ethic and related behaviors.
- Properly weigh and mix/compound raw materials according to formula sheet specifications and QS procedures for production processes.
- Must familiarize yourself and quickly gain working knowledge of machinery to perform job to include: preventative maintenance, cleaning of equipment and machinery, along with trouble-shooting the production line when necessary.
- Perform required testing and full auditing of the product during and at the end of the process to ensure quality standards are met.
- Properly operate machinery according to quality standards.
- Ensure all quality system procedures are followed and met within their area of control.
- Must follow strict safety rules when operating machinery, and use proper safety equipment when handling hazardous materials at all times.
- May work/assist in other manufacturing areas, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Certified or willing to obtain certification to operate a Forklift
- Able to operate a pallet jack; both electric and manual
- Able to utilize software for entry and retrieval of operational data; Excel Spreadsheets
- Able to operate various equipment and machinery within a production environment
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate and follow direction
- Flexible to work in multiple manufacturing areas
Education and/or Experience:
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math, reading and writing skills are required
- Minimum of 3 years production or distribution experience preferred
- Experience with compounding, assembly and packaging preferred
Candidates for this position will be required to take a basic math test during our interview process.
The hours for this position will be M-F 1st shift 6:00am-2:30pm with OT hours, at times. Some flexibility may be arranged. Summer hours typically are 5:00am-1:30pm.
If interested please send resume to email@example.com